Aged Parents Visa
Aged Parent Visa (subclass 804) is suitable for applicants who are eligible for the age pension in Australia. This visa will permit you to stay in Australia with your child permanently, provided they are a citizen Australia, a permanent resident, or are an eligible New Zealand citizen who is settled in Australia.
While this visa has the minimal application fee of all the Parent Visas, applicants must be ready to wait in a queue for their visa to be processed as waiting times of up to 30 years for approval may apply.
Who Can Be The Sponsor For The Aged Parent Visa?
The child or spouse of one of their children can sponsor the applicants of the Aged Parent Visa. If your sponsor is above the age of 18 and is a settled Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen, then that is given more preference.
The Government even allows the community organizations to sponsor your application provided:
- Your child and the organization has some relationship
- The senior representative of the organization must agree to sponsor you
- The organization is lawfully operated in Australia.
- The organization has been operating in Australia for at least 12 months.
- The organization is financially secured.
What Is The Eligibility For Aged Parent Visa?
Though the procedure to apply for the Aged Parent Visa can be a little complicated but with the help of Tropical Immigration, you may get rid of all the hassles starting from the assessments, application lodging till the visa is granted. To qualify and avail permanent residency visa this visa, you will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Have an approved sponsor who is interested to provide support for minimum two years.
- Be aged enough to qualify for the Australian age pension.
- Be eligible to get a two year Assurance of Support which is a legal document that assures the Australian Government that you will not be dependent on the government for two years, after entering Australia on the visa
- Meet all the specified the health and character requirements
- Qualify the balance-of-family test by having
- At least half of your children permanently residing in Australia; or
- Majority of your children permanently residing in Australia
What Are The Advantages Of Aged Parent Visa?
The benefits of the Aged Parent Visa are:
- The right to stay in Australia without restriction.
- Work and study rights are offered in Australia.
- The opportunity to get enrollment in Medicare which is the Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses.
- Apply for Australian citizenship.
- Get a chance to Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- Travel to and from Australia for the period of up to five years.
Contact Us Today