Adoption Visa (Subclass 102)
The Adoption Visa (subclass 102) allows the children who were born outside Australia to stay in Australia with their adoptive parent.
Benefits Of The Adoption Visa
You are entitled for the following, if you have the child adoption visa:
- Live, study and work for indefinite period in Australia.
- Get the benefit of the health coverage from Medicare that is the scheme for heath related care and expenses.
- After the visa is granted, you may also be eligible to apply for the Australian citizenship.
- Advantage of sponsoring eligible relatives for permanent residence.
- For five years from the date visa is granted, the person can leave and revisit Australia without any restriction.
What Is The Eligibility Criteria For The Applicant And Adoptive Parents?
An adoptive parent can lodge the application for the Adoption visa if the child is:
- Below 18 years of age
- The child is adopted or still in the process of being adopted by the sponsor
- The applicant must be of good health and character
- There must be an evidence for assurance of support.
- The child must be living outside of Australia.
For adoptive Parents, following is the Eligibility Criteria:
- The parent must be 18 years old or more
- You must be the adoptive or prospective adoptive parent of the child.
- You must be a citizen of Australia, or hold a permanent resident visa or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- The adoption of the child must have taken under a complete process in which there is an involvement of an Australian state or territory adoption.
Which Family Members Can Be Included On The Application?
The siblings of the child applicant can be included on the visa application.
Are you looking for an Australian immigration agent to assist you with the adoption visa application? At Tropical Immigration we offer reliable immigration advice, result-oriented services and client- friendly assistance at low cost fixed fees!