Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143)

The Contributory Parent Visa is a category included in the Parent Visa Scheme. With the help of this visa, you can live permanently in Australia if you are a parent of an Australian Citizen, have permanent residency or eligible New Zealand citizen settled in Australia.

Who Can Sponsor The Contributory Parent Visa?

The Contributory Parent Visa is a sponsorship based visa. The sponsorship for the applicants can be from their child or spouse of one of the children. The person sponsoring must be of at least 18 years of age and must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or an eligible citizen of New Zealand.

The community organizations can also sponsor your application if:

  1. There is any relationship between your child and the organisation.
  2. The senior representative agrees to sponsor you.
  3. There is lawful establishment of the organisation in Australia.
  4. The organisation must be financially stable.

What Is The Eligibility Criteria For Contributory Parent Visa?

  • The sponsor must be of at least 18 years of age. The sponsor must be willing to provide support for at least two years.
  • An assurance of support must be there. It is a legal document that would assure the government of Australia that you are not going to rely on the government for further expenses and support once after entering Australia.
  • All the health and character requirements must be met.
  • The applicants of this visa must pass the balance of family test.

Can The Family Members Be Included In The Application?

After lodging your application, you may include your child, partner, step-child or the child of your partner on the application. If your visa is granted, then all the family members will get the same rights and obligations as you.

Benefits Of The Contributory Parent Visa

  • The holder of this visa can stay indefinitely in Australia.
  • Right to work and study in Australia.
  • Benefit of enrolling in Medicare which is Australia‚Äôs scheme for health related care and expenses.
  • After becoming eligible for the Contributory Parent Visa, you can also apply for the Australian citizenship.
  • You can sponsor the relatives for the permanent residence.
  • Upto five years, you can travel to and from Australia.
  • You can also get the social security payments after the waiting periods have passed.

Tropical Immigration Australia is a leading immigration consulting firm. We are here to guide the applicants with the formal documentation of relevant visa category. If you want to apply for the Contributory Parent Visa then, contact us!