Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)
The Skilled Regional Provisional Visa is a temporary visa. It is designed for those applicants who possess the experience and skills that are in demand in regional territories and or specific states of Australia. On this visa, you can live and work for upto 4 years in Australia. The sponsorship is needed from that particular state or territory in Australia. The occupation must be chosen from the relevant occupation list.
Requirements For Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa
If you want to apply for Skilled Regional Provisional Visa, then you must meet the following requirements:
- There must be some experience in the occupations listed in the skilled occupation list of Australia.
- In the Skilled Migration points test, the passing score of 65 must be obtained.
- Age of the applicant must be under 45.
- There should be a sponsorship from state or territory.
- Must have required level of English proficiency.
- Expression of Interest must be submitted.
- Must meet both health and character requirements.
- Stay in the sponsoring state or territory for at 2 years once the visa is issued.
Sponsorship By Relatives
The relatives living in the designated areas can sponsor you if they are Australian Citizen, permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand Citizen. The following relatives are eligible:
- Brothers And Sisters
- Nephews and nieces
- Uncles and Aunts
- Grand Parents
- First Cousins
The holder of this visa must live for 2 years and work for 12 months full time in regional area to apply for permanent residence.
Which Family Members Can Be Included In The Application?
The following family members can be included in the application of Skilled Regional Provisional Visa:
- Spouses and de facto partners
- Dependent Children
- Other dependent family members like parents who are living with you and are financially dependent.
Benefits Of Skilled Regional (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 489)
There are several advantages that you can get after having this visa like:
- Right to stay in Australia for upto 4 years.
- You can work and study on the specific region of Australia.
- Travel to and from Australia without any restrictions while the visa is valid.
- The holder of this visa can apply for the permanent residence.
How Can Tropical Immigration help you?
Tropical Immigration can help you with:
- Assessment of skills.
- Getting a nomination from state or territory
- Putting together the sponsorship from a relative,
- Helping in lodging the visa applications within the deadlines.
- We get you results that make you stress free.