Resident Return Visa For Australia
If you leave Australia after the expiry of the validity of travelling or, you were outside Australia when it was expired, in both cases you cannot return to Australia. But the Resident Return Visa of Australia enable you return back as a permanent resident. This visa is required for all the non- citizen permanent residents of Australia.
There are two classes of the Resident Return Visa:
- 155 Resident Return Visa: The holders of this visa can leave or enter to Australia at will for 5 years.
- 157 Resident Return Visa: People who do not qualify for the 155 RRV can apply for the 157 Resident Return Visa but the holder is allowed to leave and re-enter Australian for three months only.
What Is The Eligibility For Resident Return Visa Of Australia?
You will be eligible to apply for the Australian Return Visa if:
- You are:
- Permanent Resident of Australia
- Former permanent Resident of Australia and the last permanent visa was not cancelled
- Former Australian citizen who has lost the citizenship.
- You have lived in Australia for at least 2 years from the last 5 years.
- If you do not hold an authority (issued between 1 March 1976 to 31 August 1979) or Return Endorsement (issued between 1 September 1979 and 31 December 1986)
- Must meet of the character requirements
- There should not be any cancellation action on your business skills visa.
- There should be no previously cancelled visa or refused application.
How This Visa Is Valid For?
Travel validity on the Resident Return Visa depends on various circumstances:
- If in the last 5 years you have lived for 2 years as a permanent resident or former citizen or former permanent resident
In the above situation you are meeting the residence requirement and you might be allowed the travel validity for 5 years.
2. In case you have not stayed for the duration of 2 years from the last 5 years as a permanent resident or former citizen or former permanent resident of Australia
If you have the substantial ties that can be beneficial for Australia then, you may be given maximum travel validity for 12 months
3. If you are a member of the family unit of the person who is holding the visa
You will be given 12 months travel validity on the visa.
4. If you have compelling and compassionate reason for travelling, but do not meet the requirement
Only 3 months travel validity might be allowed.
What Is The Application Processing Time For Resident Return Visa?
- For the Subclass 155, 75% of the applications are processed in 2 days and 90% of the applications are processed in 61 days.
- Generally the applications that meet the requirements of residence are processed within 5 working days from the lodgment.
- The processing time can be a little longer if:
- The application is not correctly filled.
- Enough documents are not available.
- Time is taken for the verification.