A Skilled- Nominated Visa is a point based state nominated visa that allows the skilled workers to work and live in Australia on permanent basis. If you want to apply for this visa, you must have a nomination from the state or territory agency in Australia. This visa comes in the subclass 190 and you need to submit the Expression of Interest to obtain this visa. After getting selection on the basis of SkillSelect, you will receive an invitation to apply for the Skill- Nominated Visa!
What Are The Benefits Of The Skilled-Nominated Visa?
By getting the Skilled-Nominated Visa, you and your family can:
- Live and work in Australia without restriction.
- Full-time study at any grade of learning in Australia.
- Get subsidized health- care facilities.
- Receive some social security benefits.
- After spending a specific time in Australia, you may apply for the citizenship.
- The eligible family members can be sponsored for temporary and permanent residency.
Conditions Of Skilled- Nominated Visa
You can apply for the Skilled- Nominated Visa only if:
- Nomination: Australian state or territory government agency must nominate you.
- Invitation: You may apply for the visa only if you are invited to do so.
- Skill Assessment: Prove that you are having all the relevant skills and qualifications according to the nominated occupation.
- The age of the applicant must be below 45 at the time of applying for the Skilled-Nomination Visa.
- At the time of invitation, your English must be proficient.
- On the points test, you must score at least 65 points.
- The occupation, the applicant is nominating must be present on the list of eligible skilled occupation.
- The applicant must of good health and character.
- There should be no debt to the Australian government.
- The person applying for the visa should not have any application refused or any visa cancelled.
- The Australian values statement should be signed.
What Are The Obligations In Skilled-Nomination Visa?
If you are the holder of this visa, then you would have to undertake the following obligations:
- The duration of stay must be for at least two years in the nominating State/territory.
- If there is any change in the address, then the Immigration authorities must be informed about it.
- Participation in surveys is required.
FAQs Related To Skilled-Nominated Visa
Q. What if my occupation is not present on the list of Short Term Skilled Occupation?
A. In case your occupation is not present on the list of Short Term Skilled Occupation, then sponsorship by an employer can also help in applying for the visa and getting the Permanent Residency in Australia.
Q. Is it necessary to live in the State/Territory that nominated me?
A. Yes, for the first 2 years it is necessary to live in the state or territory in Australia but after this period you are allowed to live anywhere in Australia.
Q. Can I pass my invitation to someone else?
A. No, you cannot give the invitation link to anyone else. The department will not accept visa, if you are not invited!
Best Services From Tropical Immigration
Tropical Immigration offers complete services till the application finalization including eligibility assessment, skill assessments, nomination applications and lodgment of visa application. We make the process as seamless as possible. There is correspondence with the DIBP on your before within the deadlines. The applicants are also informed regularly about the progress.