Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Subclass 482)
The Temporary Skill Shortage Visa comes under subclass 482 according to which the Australian employers can sponsor an immigrant worker to work in Australia. This Australian work visa was introduces by replacing the temporary work visa (subclass 457). If you are skilled and qualified for the job position with the Australian employer then you will be eligible for Temporary Skill Shortage Visa. So, look at How to Get Australian Work Visa and the eligibility criteria!
Three streams to the TSS visa are:
- The Short- Term stream: The TSS visa will be approved for upto 2 years.
- The Medium-Term stream: The validity will be for 4 years.
- The Labour Agreement stream: The sponsorship can also be via labour agreement that is required in the following cases:
- When the workers are in the meat or on-hire industries
- When the sponsor is considering the requirement of special labour in the market.
- When the worker’s role does not come on the Australian Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List.
Eligibility Requirements For Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
Here is the list of the requirements For this Australian work visa:
- The occupation should be listed on the consolidated Skilled Occupation list.
- The Australian employer has nominated you for the recruitment.
- You have the required skills and qualifications for the respective occupation.
- There should be at least 2 years of experience.
- Proficiency in the English language should be there.
- Good character and health certificate should be submitted.
- No age requirement for applying to the work visa in Australia.
If you are an employer and wish to apply as a standard business sponsor, then the following requirements has to be fulfilled:
- The business should be operating lawfully.
- The number of workers to be sponsored should be specified.
- To sponsor the Australian Work Visa the business must :
- Meet the standard training benchmark set for the business which has been trading for 12 months or more.
- Have proper planning to meet the training benchmark.
- Have a declaration in writing that they will be strongly committed to employ the Australian nationals and there will be no discrimination in recruitment
Services That We Provide!
Tropical Immigration offers complete migration assistance. We take care of the nomination, business sponsorship, visa application and every other aspect of the Temporary Skill Shortage Visa. Right from eligibility, assessment to lodgement and finalization, everything is being taken care of!
Contact Us For Expert Advice
Please fill out the form below to discuss your visa requirements.