The Australian government has announced that the working holidaymakers will be allowed to extend the stay for three years in Australia, there will be an increase in the number of working holiday visas and some significant changes to seasonal Workers Program. These changes would lead to a win- win situation for both visa applicants and farmers in Australia.
Below Mentioned Are The Points That You Must Know About Third Year Option In Working Holiday Visa:
Holders of Working Holiday Visa would now be able to apply for third year stay in Australia if they meet certain visa requirements.
With the introduction of third visa option from 1 July 2019, the holder of subclass 462 visas and subclass 417 Working Holiday visa would become eligible for applying for the third year.
To get the permission for the third year some of the requirements are:
- At least 6 months must be completed at a specified work. The work must have been done during the second visa year.
- The applicant must have worked for 3 months in the first year and 6 months in the second year.
- The work has to be done in regional areas of Australia.
- The salary of the workers should be according to current Australian legislation.
- For those who hold Canadian or Irish Passport, maximum age limit is 35. However, 31 years is the upper age limit for the applicants from nationals of other countries.
The work done after 1st July will also be considered by the Australian government at the time of grant of third year. If you are planning to visit Australia but a bit confused about the process, then read How To Migrate To Australia.
Benefits Of The Introduction Of The Third Year
- The third year extension in the Holiday Working visas would be helpful in meeting the shortages in the labour in the Australian regional areas.
- The working Holidaymakers would be encouraged to work in the areas which are facing critical shortage.
- Extra work of 6 months will be beneficial for the regional areas.